16th Judicial Circuit Court
Kansas City, Missouri Municipal Division
Note: The address for KCMO court is now listed as 511 East 11th St. rather than the Locust St. address. The actual location is the same.
We Know Kansas City, Missouri Municipal Court Like the Back of Our Hand!
NO office visit and NO court appearance
by YOU for most cases.
- KCMO Court issues more traffic tickets than any other court in the Kansas City Metro area.
- KC Traffic Law Central does more ticket amendments
in this court than any other.
- We can handle your ticket quickly, painlessly, and for the best price in town.
$99 Attorney Fee
Traffic Ticket amendments in this court may qualify for the $99 attorney fee when processed online.
** Be sure to check requirements as listed below.
We know this court "inside-out" and can economically assist you in having these moving violations amended to zero-point, non-moving infractions that will not be recorded on your record.
**Note that the attorney fee facilitates the amendment process. You will also owe amendment fees and court costs to the court as well.
For straight-forward, uncomplicated traffic citations, we are pleased to offer a Special $99 Attorney Fee. This is a great value that keeps a moving violation off your driving record at the best possible price.
However, please MAKE SURE your ticket meets all the qualifications for this $99 special as listed below.
If your citation does not meet the qualifications for the $99 special, we can still handle your ticket but the attorney fee will be more because your case is more complex.
How much more? The attorney fee may be higher based on the complexity of your particular case. We can promptly quote you an attorney fee after researching the circumstances of the particular ticket in question and your driving record history. We are always able to offer you a very reasonable and competitive rate. Call us and see!
If you have a suspended license or DWI it is an entirely different situation. Call us with your case specifics and we can quote you a price to minimize the damages against you and your driving record.
KC Traffic Law Central can assist you with any charges you may have against you in the Kansas City, Missouri Municipal Court.
Do Not Pay The $99 Attorney Fee
if your ticket does not meet the described criteria
or if you have questions about how this works.
Instead, call us and we will quote you a reasonable price to resolve your KCMO Court matter. 816-841-2557. An attorney-client relationship is not formed until we accept your case.
To qualify for the $99 attorney fee, YOUR KCMO ticket MUST meet ALL the following criteria:
- Have a current court date that is at least 3 full business days away.
- Be less than 21 mph over the speed limit.
- Be for a speeding charge, stop sign, illegal turn, signal, lane use or similar minor traffic violation.
- Be issued to a driver over 21 years of age OR the driver must have already completed the Alive at 25 Program that the KCMO court will require as a condition of your amendment.
- NOT be issued in a School Zone or marked "SZ".
- If you received a "no insurance" ticket (called failure to maintain financial responsibility), your ticket will qualify for this $99 special only if you can provide proof of insurance for you in that car on that day. Fax proof to 816-337-3820 or email to email@example.com. With proper proof, we can generally have the "no insurance" ticket dismissed.
**If you did not have active insurance prior to when your ticket was issued, your ticket will not qualify for the $99 special; as this is a more serious and more complicated matter. Call KC Traffic Law Central for a free quote on keeping this type of ticket off of your driving record or read more about No Insurance Tickets.
- If you have a question whether your ticket would qualify for a $99 online attorney fee, emal us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 816-841-2557.
To qualify for the $99 attorney fee, YOUR KCMO ticket CANNOT have any of the following circumstances:
- Be at warrant status (court date has come and gone).
- Have a court date that is sooner than 3 full business days.
- Be more than 20 mph over the limit
- Include a "no insurance" ticket for which you really did not have insurance for you in that car on the day the ticket was issued.
- Involve an accident.
- Be issued in a School Zone.
- Be for DWS (driving while suspended), DWI (driving while intoxicated, C&I (careless & Imprudent), Possession, Shoplifting, or other serious charges.
- Be a CDL (commercial driver's license) holder.
- Be marked construction zone or work zone (CZ or WZ).
**Please note that even though these do not qualify for the $99 attorney fee, we can quickly and affordably handle these tickets
but would need to talk to you to quote an accurate attorney fee.
Call us at 816-841-2557 or request an Online Ticket Quote.
How does the online process work?
Here are the steps:
- Make sure your ticket is a KCMO Municipal Court ticket and the court address is on East 11th st. See example of KCMO ticket.
- Make sure it meets the criteria above.
- Pay the $99 attorney fee for us to process the amendment with the link below. Be sure to include your ticket number/s, full name, address, phone, and email address.
- We will contact you within 24 hours or less to accept or decline your case. If declined, an immediate and full refund will be processed.
- If we accept your case, we will email you a receipt and formal acceptance. Only at that point will an attorney-client relationship exist. We will then have your ticket amended in court.
- You will owe amendment fees and court costs to KCMO Court. Be prepared to pay these online to the court within the next couple days after submitted your attorney fee. When we have completed the amendment, we will email you a link to the court so you can pay those fees directly to the court prior to your court date. It is up to you to make sure those are paid on time.
- How much will you owe the court? See the KCMO court amendment fees listed below.
Click Here to read more Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Online Payments.
KCMO Court Amendment Fees and Court Costs:
**Important Note: Amendment fees are never the same as the fine on your ticket or pay slip. Those amounts are "plead guilty" amounts. That is the amount the court will charge you to plead guilty to the citation as a moving violation.
We are not pleading you guilty. We are having your ticket amended and therefore, court amendment fees replace the fines on your ticket or pay slip. For more information, read ticket costs - amendment vs guilty plea.
To see examples of a Kansas City Missouri Municipal Court ticket and the "pay letter" from the court, click here.
Amounts the KCMO Court will require you to pay them:
(these amounts include the court amendment fee and court costs and
are subject to be changed by the court at any time.
Use these numbers as approximate guidelines only)
Minor traffic violations such as stop sign, illegal turn, signal or lane change - $223.50.
Speeding 1-15 mph over the limit: $223.50
Speeding 16-20 mph over the limit : $273.50
Speeding 21 mph over the limit or if the citation is marked school zone or SZ, or construction zone or CZ, call the office for court amendment fees; as special circumstances apply.
If you have had another ticket amended in this court in the last 12 months - add $50 and additional guidelines may apply. Call us for a quote if this is your second ticket in this court within the past 12 months so we can give you an accurate quote based upon your specific circumstances.
NOTE that these amounts are set by the KCMO court and are subject to change at any time and this court does make changes frequently.
*If you have a "no seat belt" citation, go ahead and pay the fine to the court. It is not a moving violation and should need no further attention.
*If you have a parking ticket, go ahead and pay it. These are not moving violations and therefore normally need no amendment or attorney.
*If you are 21 or under when your ticket was issued, the Kansas City, Missouri Municipal Court will require you to take a 4 hour safety class called "Alive at 25" as a condition of your amendment. Click Here for more information on the Alive at 25 Safety Council class.
*If you were cited with "no insurance" (failure to maintain financial responsibility) and actually had valid insurance for you on that vehicle on that day, we can have this ticket dismissed (read about this here).
If you actually did not have valid insurance on that date, Read more about no insurance tickets.
*If you were cited with DWS driving while suspended or driving while revoked, read more here.
Kansas City, Missouri Municipal Court
511 East 11th Street
Kansas City, Missouri 64106
KCMO Courtrooms are named A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, and I. You will note which room your case is in as it is stated on your ticket in the box titled "Divn".
However, if we're handling your case, it won't matter because you will probably not have to appear in court.
Ready To Get Started?
If your ticket meets the criteria above, your ticket has the KCMO Municipal Court Address on it, and you'd like to proceed with having your ticket amended to a zero-point, non-moving; then purchase the $99 attorney fee here.
You can use securely use any credit or debit card and do not have to have or open a PayPal account. After clicking PAY NOW, you will have a chance to review your $99 order. (If you have any questions use the contact form below, or call us at 816-841-2557).
If your ticket is issued in some other court jurisdiction, do not use this form. Find your court on our Missouri Courts page or Kansas Courts page and use that form.
**Please** Do Not submit anything to us that has not included a valid phone number and email address.
We have to be able to contact you to effectively handle your case.
Please note that an attorney-client relationship is not formed until you have received an email from us accepting your case. That will occur within 2 - 24 hours depending on when you submit the payment.
Don't worry. If we cannot accept your case we will refund all of your payment.
Click Here for more Frequently Asked Questions About Paying Online.
If you have additional information you'd like to submit, use the form below: